Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Simple Roasted Potatoes with Garlic


I really enjoy the combination of potatoes and garlic. This is one I make frequently when we have a craving for fried potatoes. They're made in olive oil, and since they're in the oven, they require a lot less of the oil. I initially got this recipe from Jamie Oliver. Whether or not I've altered it over the last couple years, I'm not really sure. But here it is as I prepare it.

3 or 4 potatoes, peeled and sliced like french fries
1 garlic bulb
Olive oil for coating
Sea salt

Place the potato wedges in a bowl. Separate the garlic cloves and cut just the tough ends off. (The skin of the garlic helps protect it while roasting, and it's very easy to remove when eating.) Use enough oil to coat the potatoes and garlic. Sprinkle with salt to taste.

Place potatoes and garlic on a cookie sheet. Put in oven preheated to 350 degrees. Roast for about 30 minutes, stirring every 5 - 10 minutes.

(Cooking time varies, according to the pan used for baking.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This came out great - thanks!